Monday, March 29, 2010

Ready....Set...Go???

Are we really ready for this? Are you ever ready for something like this? We've been whittling down the to-do list (and yes, adding things I remember, just so I can cross those off too). Did I mention that I'm the only member of my family not on drugs right now? No...literally. Dan and Savannah are coughing up "lung butter" (Dan's charming term - I prefer phlegm, just for the spelling pleasure). And Kylie is trying to get the fluid out of her ears so she can hear. Her phobia of waking up and finding herself in the same condition as Helen Keller is hitting a little close to home. No deaf jokes near her, please. :)

Aside from the laundry, cleaning, packing, restocking, how do you prepare? I'm sure we'll see things we couldn't even fathom. I'm sure we'll be stretched in ways we can't even imagine. And I'm sure we'll be thrown some loops that will baffle us all. Most of what we've conjured up in our minds won't match the reality of our experience. I don't think I can ever be equipped enough for this.

But, of one thing I'm sure of: We serve a Mighty God. I was reminded this morning in Psalm 143,
"Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,
For in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,
For I lift up my soul to You." (v. 8)

He can direct our steps, and just as He has done so far, He will continue to do. So, we'll pack one more bag, check off one more item on the list, and trust. Trust that He is able, faithful, and desiring to lead us in the path He has for us.

As our next two days involve lots of long flights, layovers, and possible frustrations, please join with us as we pray, "Lord, Your will, not our own."

453. Update blog.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you all as you are on your way! I was at the B&N at 92nd & Sheridan and bumped into Victor. It made me think about our small group back in the day at Warton's. You are very much missed! But I am so excited to hear what God is doing in your lives and over in Mozambique. Love to you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. anxiously waiting to hear how everything is going - you're all in my prayers continuosly- hoping everyone is feeling better and enjoying your time in Africa! (^:^) Love, hugs and kisses to all, mom, nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter Dan, Tiffany and Girls!
    We are praying that you have safe travels. I admire your faith and trust in God. We can't wait to hear about you experiences.
    Love, The Ripperda's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter! I was thinking of you and praying for you right now, so I thought I would write a quick note. I can't wait to hear about your first amazing adventures. Love Marjie (and Patrick, and Joy, Jonah and Jax Salo)

    ReplyDelete